Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday Servings: Campfire Chocolate Cake Oranges

I had the joy of camping last weekend in the Colorado wild with my Colorado girls.

Although it was the first time I have seen most of these ladies in more than four years, as the time stretched itself across the cool almost fall days of Rocky Mountain leisure, it felt like only a few days had passed since we last gathered around the table and shared our stories.

I was amazed, and yet not amazed at all, to hear and see and feel how much we've all grown and changed in the past years and yet still somehow retained the closeness of shared experience and shared stories and shared life. How we fell into a natural rhythm around that campfire without any of the awkwardness of absence. How easily we could discuss the deep and meaningful and how naturally we could pass into the absurd and nonsensical.

What I'm certain of is that these kind of friendships are a blessing in life.


Read the full post on the all new www.AmandaErinPeterson.com.

While there, update your bookmark or subscribe to have new posts sent directly to your inbox, like me on Facebook and then follow me on Twitter.

1 comment:

Spencer said...

Looks absolutely delicious! I would so love to try some. I am sure they taste amazing if your pictures are anything to go by.