So for your taste buds' pleasure a super-simple banana bread recipe to get everyone salivating because their are few things better than the smell of fresh baked banana bread.
- 3 small or 2 medium-sized over-ripe bananas (I typically put bananas in the freezer for a few days prior. It's important to not use fresh bananas because it's more difficult to get the right batter consistency.)
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour (I like to use whole wheat flour or nutty flours in fruit breads
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup of chopped nuts (Optional. I'm not a huge fan of nuts in bread, but many people are so it's up to you. Walnut or macadamia nut would both go well with this recipe.)
- Soften butter (do not melt) and mix with sugar.
- Add eggs and bananas. Mash bananas into the mixture. Then add the flour and baking powder. Mix well. Spoon mixture into greased loaf pan.
- Bake loaf in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 45 minutes to an hour. Test with a fork to be sure that it has baked all the way through. Top should be golden brown. Allow to cool for ten minutes before serving.