Monday, August 15, 2005

Louie, this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship...

What a beautiful, beautiful world! I'm currently sitting in my new livingroom with two lovely ladies, watching the classic Casablanca. I love this movie because it exemplifies the many choices that we have in life and the consequences that therefore follow. Do we take the higher road and fight for freedom and justice? Or do we deny the destiny we have for good or for evil? Do we try to escape ourselves and who God has created us to be? After all "the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world;" it is the choices we make for good or bad that either decrease or increase that hill.

So life updates are as follows:

Emily Wallace, PUMP's first Micah Project intern has been in Portland for officially two weeks. I cannot believe that all the work put in over the past year is finally resulting in Emily being here! I am super excited about her being here and have been blessed in so many ways by her already. I look forward to all that God will teach Emily and I through each other in the next year. If you would like to know more about Emily--who she is, what all she is doing here, etc.--check out the link to her blog on the sidebar.

My sister's first child is due in five days! In five days, I will be an aunt! Can you believe it? Boy or a girl? We'll find out soon. I'm planning to be in Lubbock Sept. 8th through the 13th to meet my new neice/nephew.

As I mentioned at the first, I've moved! I am now living right next door to the church house. Increadibly convenient for work and church! My place is cute! It's a red brick quadruplex in which Emily and I both have an apartment. Two-bedrooms, new appliances in the kitchen, a nice mint green color on the walls (not my favorite shade of green, but it works). I'm using one of the rooms as an office space which is incredibly nice to have after officing out of our living room for a year. The place is nice and cozy and I'm settling in nicely!

Personal update: I'm continuing to grow and be challenged in this mad, mad world of Northeast Portland. I didn't think mission work was supposed to be this hard! Okay, so I was a wee bit naive, but I'm learning. I'm learning about how God loves me and how to love myself better. I'm learning how to love others and make choices that result in a proactive lifestyle. I'm learning, I'm growing, and I'm being stretched daily. Okay so there's a lot more to it than that, but Lord willing, as I set aside more time for blogging, you will see the truth of where I am in me and in my walk come out more.

So that's the wrap up! Blessings!

No comments: