Thursday, May 31, 2012

With Sincerest Thanks

Were you aware I've been experimenting on you for the past three months?

Probably not.

But I have been.

Four months ago, the deep down creator part of me started talking...loudly. It wanted to be used. It wanted to be stretched and challenged and to simply be able to create.

So I started praying about how to answer the groanings of my creator part. How to best quench its yearning.

I prayed and I thought, and I began my experiment:

Writing.

Writing three times a week.

Three blog posts a week for three months and then we'd see.

Although I've had this little blog for years, my posting has been sparse, and I always struggled with the purpose of it. What was I writing about? What did I really truly down in my gut want to say?

On occasion, I got close. I got close to finding that illusive thesis, but then it would flit away like the butterfly flitting on the edge of your dreams.

But as I prayed and asked God for wisdom and the what to write if I wrote, I felt the butterfly begin to flit about me, coming nearer and nearer until it finally alit upon my finger.

I've been truly awed by the emails, Facebook messages, tweets and comments you've written in the last few months. I've been humbled by how God seems to be using this little blog to impact some of you in big ways. I've been blown away by the compliments and the urgings to go farther and go deeper.

There is no doubt my journey towards adopting Hannah is my something to write about, but it's opened up other conversations. Other stories, other experiences, other thoughts that at once seem utterly unconnected but somehow threaded together.

I've cried over emails where you've shared painful parts of your own stories. I've smiled and laughed at your anecdotes. I've been thankful for your common experiences and how they've furthered shaped what I've written here.

I've been awed again and again by you, my readership, and I can't thank you enough for coming back here and continuing to read.

Today, the initial experiment is over.

Three months and 39 posts have passed.

It's been a successful experiment. One I've greatly enjoyed, and I want to thank you for allowing me to experiment on you. And I want to let you know I'm going to keep writing and endeavor to keep growing this little blog into something...well, something good.

This is your place and it is my place. I want you to feel comfortable and at home here. I want you to feel connected to the common thread binding this place together, and I hope you do.

If there's something you want me to consider writing about, don't hesitate to drop me a line, a tweet or a comment.

Really, truly, I'm blown away by you. You inspire me and make me want to be a better writer.

And if this is your first time visiting the blog, I hope you will spend a little time here and find a connection to the thread.

With sincerest thanks...


No comments: