I'm back in Lubbock for a few days until I head to Colorado Springs on Wednesday. I have my third interview with Barnes and Noble on Thursday with the district manager. Hopefully if all goes well I will be hearing soon whether they are offering me the job.
Just a few highlights from my trip:
- Barbarian night at Patrice's: no dinnerware of any sort, all things must be eaten with the hands, one napkin allowed, almost always serve something incredibly messy like spaghetti, invite everybody.
- Walking in on a good friend's retirement party, and thus seeing all my old profs in one fell swoop.
- Seeing all the strange new sites of Abilene: ACU renovations, new businesses and resturaunts, constructionless highways.
- Catching up with lots and lots of folks.
Ore City (Small town East Texas outside of Longview):
- Spending a few days with my college roommate Rachel.
- Watching the goats walk by the back window every morning and catching baby goats.
- Steak and potatoes.
- Watching Rachel's cousin get baptized.