gen·er·os·i·ty (n.) pl. gen·er·os·i·ties
- Liberality in giving or willingness to give
- Nobility of thought or behavior; magnanimity.
- Amplitude; abundance.
- A generous act.
Provided by Dictionary.comGenerosity is the core virtue for the month of December in our PUMP children's classes. Each week of the month, we discuss a different attribute of generosity. Today as I assisted in classes, I thought over all the generosity that has been shown to me over the past week. Last month's core virtue was gratitude. So I thought I'd take this opportunity to show gratitude for the generosity that has been shown to me:
- Thank you Ike and Kaelea for including me in all the "festivities" of your preparation to leave for Africa.
- Thank you Jessica for giving up extra sleep/study time on Thursday mornings to hang out with me.
- Thank you Sybil for the tickets to the Steven Curtis Chapman/Mercy Me Christmas concert.
- Thank you Kristi for thinking of me to share the free tickets you got to the concert with me.
- Thank you Cheronn for the tickets to the Portland premier of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.
- Thank you Jill and Jake for not being too put out with me when I went to see the movie without you. It won't be the same, I know, but I'd like to see it again with you when I'm in Lubbock.
- Thank you Mom and Dad for the care-package full of fun Christmas decorations.
- Thank you Emily for letting me rant and openly share where I am at, and thank you for calmly sharing Truth with me when I'm looking right past it.
- Thank you Emily, Steve, Alasha and Cheronn for taking care of me yesterday when I was sick.
- Thank you Markell for being part of our lives at PUMP. Thank You God for Markell's adoption!
- Thank you Steve, Alasha and Jonah for making me so much a part of your life here.
- Thank You God for making me fearfully and wonderfully and giving me a heart made to be filled only by You.