Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The June List of Loves

Every couple of months, I put together a list of the things in life I'm loving (or in some cases just liking a whole lot) at the moment. It's a reminder to be thankful for the big and small and to enjoy both the incredible and the every day.

So here's a few things I'm loving right now:

Regina Spektor's new album What We Saw From The Cheap Seats for its simple, musical genius.

Rachel Held Evans' blog for her challenging, fair and respectful tone.

Kim Van Brunt's blog for her incredible honesty about life and adoption.

Bob Goff's new book Love Does for his frequent use of the word and love for "whimsy."

The 9 Thumbs podcast for three likeable guys (and an occasional appearance by Rachel Held Evans) who like things and like to share things.

Knitting for the repetative motion that calms my soul.

A new workout video from Jillian Michaels for literally kicking my bum.

Tortillas for being an old love and a new love and a missed love while in South Africa.

A new video endeavor from my friend Ike.


Skype for how it connects worlds together.

Pandora for its world of music that was unavailable to me in South Africa.

My niece's attempts at frog jumps--really just touching her toes and throwing her hands up in the air--for watching her grow up and seeing her think she's frog jumping just like big brother.

Desktop wallpaper for letting me see my future daughter's face every day on both my work and home computers.

US office supplies for being wonderfully crafted and organizationally sound.

The Galations series from Matt Chandler and The Village Church.


What are a few of your every day and incredible loves of the moment?

No comments: