Saturday, January 29, 2005

Spanglish and the Missing Plot

One of my personal pet peeves is when a movie forgets to end--when there is no real resolution to the plot and you walk out thinking "that's it?" Spanglish is one such movie. (Sorry if I just ruined the flick for someone who really wanted to see it.) Kristi and I went to see it at Kennedy School (an old school that has been renovated into a theater, restaraunt, etc.) last night, and I just couldn't help being extremely disappointed with a movie that looked so good on the previews and then wasn't.

Sometimes I think life is like that, however. We want the happy ending or at least a good termination to the current happenings and goings-on. We want everything wrapped up in a nice neat package that we can film, edit, and deliver to the masses. But the truth is I often find myself at the end of some trial, adventure, or whatever saying "that's it?"....But that's not it. Were as my hopes for the ending of Spanglish and other such movies to be redeemed will not be fulfilled, my hopes for the ending of this week's trial, or last month's fast-paced goings on will be fulfilled. God has plans to redeem every moment of them. He has desire and plan to give our lives purpose and ultimately to fully redeem the plot of our lives in Heaven.

The Guy who "already knows all our needs, and will give us all we need from day to day if we live for Him and make the Kingdom of God our primary concern" (Matt. 6: 32-33) is the same God who encourages us daily to press on and not give up hope because He is waiting for us with open arms. Praise God that He truly will never leave us or forsake us!

No comments: